Mopar Trucks and Stuff
January 21, 2018, 09:51:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I give up - registration is disabled again.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Parting out  (Read 1201 times)
CelticWulfHeart
RedneckWolf

The Sword Is Ever Suspended-----Voltair

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2011, 06:47:09 PM »

I'd like to know what everyone thinks of parting out vehicles that aren't running. I have a 68 Ford Thunderbird thats engine is blown, though there may be some salvagable parts. I dont want to get rid of any Body or cab parts, the tires are gone (i.e.: large holes, non-repairable), and the entire thing needs an overhaul. In a sense, it's my "pretty kitty savoy" (lol). will post pictures later if i can find a way to have more than one picture on this site.
Madlurch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 10:19:59 AM »

If the car is relatively whole... It would be a shame to part it out. You might find someone that would like to restore it. In my humble opinion, that is the better idea. That said... if it is a complete basket case... parting it out may be the only way to make anything of it. Its a tough call without seeing it.

Matt

If you can't Dodge em...
Then RAM em!
CelticWulfHeart
RedneckWolf

The Sword Is Ever Suspended-----Voltair

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 03:07:02 PM »

i'd love to restore it myself, the only real porblems are the blown engine, who knows how many of its parts are still working, and the torn up tires. i dont want to get rid of it at all, it was a gift from my dad, i just dont have the funds to work on it, and my truck needs to be put first now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: