Mopar Trucks and Stuff
January 18, 2018, 12:51:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: I give up - registration is disabled again.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 413-3 engine items  (Read 1316 times)
Charlie1935

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2009, 04:53:17 PM »

This was in a big truck section on Allpar.
Four Dodge gasoline V8s were available: two 361s and two of 413s. Engines from these lines were assembled with extra care, given a test run, then inspected with the pan down before being released. All four had intake valves of Slichrome XB steel with rotators; sodium-filled, Stellite-faced exhaust valves with Rota-Caps; trimetal main and connecting rod bearings; induction-hardened crankshaft journals; shot-peened, drop-forged crankshaft; chrome-alloy, cast-iron block; chrome-plated top compression ring with cast iron ring groove insert; water-heated Intake manifold; and hydraulic valve lifters. The oil pump was rotary, and the air cleaner was a heavy-duty, one-quart oil bath unit. The 361 had a two quart, pad-mounted, full flow oil filter, while the 413 had an oil cooler and a two-quart full-flow oil filter for extra protection. The biggest engine, the 413-3, included a 4-barrel carburetor.
Madlurch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 07:14:40 AM »

I've also read on Allpar about the 413 engine used in cars in the early 60's. The ones with the cross-ram intakes. My dad use to talk about them... he did his aprentaceship at a Chrysler dealership back then. I've seen some of the intakes on e-bay from time to time... I'd love to get one of those engines for a hot rod some day, I think it would look cool with the carbs way off to the side all out in the open like that. I do believe that intake was also used on an earlier 383 as well.

Matt

If you can't Dodge em...
Then RAM em!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: